After being delayed by a book*, on Friday I got started again on the various troops that I bought recently from Pendraken. Work continued on Saturday and I now have 3 fully completed units, one nearly finished and one getting there. As ever, I've gone for the 'impressionistic' approach - i.e. don't look too closely.
| Continental Infantry regiment finished and American Militia unit needs base finishing |
| Soviet riflemen (8 bases), Finnish bicycle infantry and 3 Panzershreck teams |
| Finnish bicycle troops. I may add some highlighting on the jackets as the grey appears too dark. |
The rest of the acquisitions are in various stages of painting. One unit of ECW foot needs their bases texturing, painting and flocking.
| I've gone for purple this time. I've decided I have enough now to do one of the rare purple coated regiments. |
Further down the queue are two more pike blocks, one musket block, 3 bases of dismounted dragoons and 3 foot command bases. All undercoated and flesh painted. Then come 3 AFVs undercoated. Still untouched are the AWI British light dragoons which I'm mulling over how to base. I don't think that they are going to arrive in time to help the British infantry tomorrow.
Not a bad effort in the time taken.
Postscript: I went over the ECW foot unit and dry-brushed them with Vallejo Magenta. I’m much happier with them now. And the unfinished troops will be almost complete tonight. I need a good run-up on the AFVs. I have NEVER painted any before.
* Chickenhawk by Robert Mason. The memoir of a US helicopter pilot in Vietnam. I've not read anything on the Vietnam War before and I'm finding this difficult to put down. I've got more interested in the conflict through watching Ken Burns' epic documentary series (much of it 3 times over). I have another thick 'survey' book of the whole war plus one on the war of liberation against the French in the 1950s. These were part of two large carrier bags full of history books my sister and brother-in-law was getting rid of. They were up in London recently and dropped them off on their way home. It was nice to see them but frustrating it was just a quick chat at the door given the prevailing situation.

0 Yorumlar